Inspired by the contrasting surfaces of corroded wood ageing and industrial metal structures often found in docks or shipyards, Kasper Rønn and Jonas Bjerre-Poulsen, the two Danish designers behind NORM Architects, have taken a modern Scandinavian approach to create RAFT – a unique piece of furniture that combines simplistic purity with a discreetly aged look.
The sandblasted surface of the RAFT table accentuates the structure of the wood, while the triple legs have the playful appearance of a living creature in motion.
The round edges beneath the tabletop makes for a soft and pleasant touch when the table top has to be lifted.
The Raft table can also be quickly dismantled and set against a wall to make room for yoga mats or dancefloor.
See the work of NORM Architects on the BODIE and FOU Blog.
• Material: powder coated steel with solid oak or ash legs
• Dimensions: H74 x D90 X L240 cm
• Colour: Black with black ash or white with natural oak
• Design: NORM Architects for &Tradition
• Please allow 2 to 4 weeks for delivery
- FREE to collect from BODIE and FOU (London W3)