Now that we are well into mid-January and that we are back to work, school runs, food shopping etc, rather than chilling on the sofa stuffing our face with chocolate, how do we make this year a productive and positive one?
If you are a check-list person like me, I find that the best way, is to consign all the things you want and need to do in a personal planner following the SMART goal framework:
- TIME BOUND
For instance, as one of my major goals this year is to make 2018 sugar free (and I’m talking refined sugars only!), I can easily focus on doing one week at a time and tick each day on the page of my personal planner as a mini success and then cross the whole week as a weekly success.
Week after week, I’m building positive momentum and then I can write down other things that will help me to achieve this goal (i.e. finding food I really enjoy eating, food that gives me plenty of nutrients, finding a running buddy, focusing on my not-so-distant in the future leaner figure etc).
By the time, you have crossed a whole month, I bet you will be pretty happy with yourself.
There are a lots of things that I would like to do this year and I wouldn’t necessarily called them “new year resolutions” but there are things I want to have under my belt. In no specific order, it includes:
- Learn how to blow dry my hair to look great and feel confident on pictures as often as I want rather than just once a month after my hairdresser appointment,
- Improve my skincare routine, which is something I never really cared about except when I see someone with a great skin (a rare thing these days!),
- Improve my make-up routine: I’ve bought my first concealer ever and I’m like “HELLO!!? What on earth didn’t I do this before!?”
- Meditate 10 minutes a day to keep my mind calm & focused but mostly to keep my shit together,
- Take more family pictures of the 3 of us and stop hiding behind the camera because YOLO,
- Stop eating refined sugars which I don’t really see as a NY resolution but as a continuity of the lifestyle change I have been making for the past five years to improve my wellbeing.
Also a mean to an end to achieve my ultimate goal: growing old gracefully & beautifully.
I also know, for having done a sugar detox last year for 5 weeks, that I will feel much better for it, lose weight, gain confidence and basically will feel a lot better,
- Write consistently on the blog, articles that you will find useful, inspiring and increase my readership (so please spread the word, share, tell your friends),
- Keep focusing on having a positive mindset because I really like how it makes my life easier,
- Avoid negative people and that means on social media too.
A simple goal with a straightforward answer
In fact my only resolution is TO FEEL GREAT which is fantastically simple because whenever I’m confronted to a situation, decision to make or a person, I ask myself “Does it feel great!?” and the answer is a straightforward YES or NO.
This year, I found some fantastic, positive personal planners to match my vibe!
The Dear Future I’m Ready personnal planner is my favourite because you have no idea how ready I am :-)
I have been listening to a lot of podcasts about gratitude and positive thinking since the week before Christmas and I’m fully pumped up and ready to embrace whatever the world has to offer.
My second favourite personal planner is the OH YEAH! because it is something I tell myself mentally every time I get excited by a new project…Last but not least, there is the YOU GOT THIS personal planner because clearly you and I got this, this year!
True to her style, Mila went for a more beach/surf vibes and got the Beach Love personal planner for herself and I Love The Sea, Milk Pastel Pink for her friends and Pink Flamingos for her cousine Lily.
The great thing about Juniqe, is that all their personal planners are also available as wall art and I used several of them when I did Mila’s desk makeover which many of you loved (thanks again!!).
They also have a lot of home accessories with similar graphics in their living section.
So have a look at their collection and let me know if there is one(s) you love and I would love to hear about the few things you would like to achieve, learn, do this year and maybe I can help you out these and read articles relevant to you.
Posted in partnership with Juniqe; all views my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help support BODIE and FOU