Don’t you love it when your mum can teach your children something she taught you as a child?
Mila started to learn how to sew with my mum and has been talking about it non stop and I know she is in good hands. Our great-grand mother Elodie was a modeliste and taught my grand-mother to sew and knit from an early age. She then passed on these skills to her four daughters and us, her grand-daughters, at least for sewing. I never managed to knit anything properly but Elodie is having another go…
Last night, we watched “Couture, The New queens of Haute”, a very interesting documentary featuring French Wedding Designer Delphine Manivet and up and coming Dutch designer Iris van Herpen, who trained with Alexander McQueen. Have you seen it?
Mother and Daughter conversation:
Me: “Oh but look, each Friday I do this fashion post on the blog, maybe I can teach you photoshop and you can make your own”
Mila: “No. I want to do my own things and work on my own projects” says the 10 years old kid going 17…
So this is just you and me on Friday :-) This week, I wanted something easy to wear but sexy so I can dance, sing and laugh until the first hours of dawn in the streets of Paris. Have a wonderful weekend xoxo
1. I’m loving the cut and soft leather of this Jet jacket
2. and isn’t this sweatshirt by MCQ Alexander McQueen just fab!!?
3. This Nixon Kensington gold watch and Lafayette leather bucket bag by Madewell will be perfect to complete the look
4. I’m loving these Alexis boots in sequins (down from £149 to £69.50)
5. and these distressed jeans by New-York based R13
SHOP THE POST: