We’ve been baking and cooking a lot these past few days. The girls made pancakes and pikelets for breakfast while my sister Elodie made her famous Tartiflette, which is comfort food at its best!
While I’m all for eating healthy and giving our body the nutrients it needs, once in a while, we just need something that is going to be good for our soul and Elodie’s Tartiflette is exactly that!
I’m ever so grateful she kindly accepted to share her recipe so I can share it with you here…
Number of people: 8 | Prep time: 15 minutes | Cooking time: 1 hour 20 min
- 2.5 kg potatoes
- 600g diced bacon
- 500ml fresh cream
- 750g Reblochon cheese
- Pre-heat your oven at 180/200 degrees
- Peel your potatoes and boil them until they are soft. Boiling time depends very much on the type of potatoes you get but usually, it takes about an hour
- Add two spoons of olive oil in a frying pan and fry your diced bacon. Once golden, add the fresh cream and mix thoroughly
- Drain your potatoes from the water, pour them into a big oven dish and cut them into medium size pieces.
- Pour over your mixture of fresh cream and bacon
- Slice your Reblochon cheeses in two and spread them on the top of the dish
- Put in the oven for about 20 min
- Dish is ready when the cheese looks golden and crispy
Since it’s quite a hearty meal, we usually make a big green salad as a side dish and if we are lucky, have any left-overs the day after for lunch.
I normally don’t post evening pictures because getting the lighting right on my photography is always a challenge but I wanted to show you how fab the new SwitchScene bulbs we fitted in our dining room is.
With one bulb only, you can set three different ambiences to suit whatever you’re doing and you don’t even need a dimmer switch or any special fitting to use these bulbs.
When the girls were preparing the pancakes, I switched on the light on the bright light setting.
At dinner time, when everyone was gathered around Elodie’s tartiflette, I switched the light on natural light which gave us a warm, nice light, perfect for a family meal.
After dinner, while Elodie was having a cup of tea and I was doing the dishes, the light was set on cosy warm glow which was perfect to end a nice evening gently. You can find more information here and buy these from most high-street retailers including John Lewis and Amazon.
// Photography by Karine Köng | Posted in partnership with Philips SceneSwitch; all views my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help support BODIE and FOU
I should admit this sounds very yummy xxx
I confirm, it’s delicious…not light on the calories side but defo delicious! :-))
The recipe sounds amazing. Thank you for sharing it!
you’re very welcome Jill. Have you tried it?
Mmmmmmm, bookmarked! Thankyou for sharing, wishing you and your family a wonderful 2017that is kind to all. Xx
Thanks you too! All the best for 2017, this year is going to be a fine one, I can feel it :-)
Pingback: Free Valentine's Day printables to download | BODIE and FOU Design, Interiors, Fashion & Life
Pingback: Free Valentine’s Day printables to download – VIPortal Homes