We often see black chalkboard walls in kitchens, workspaces or even the kids bedrooms but how about using it in your own bedroom… Would you be open to the idea?
I have used Farrow & Ball’s Down Pipe in our bedroom in France (you can see more photos on Instagram) which creates a nice, design statement statement in a room that was fairly plain to begin with, with the exception of the French windows leading onto the garden and which are a nice feature.
However, chalkboard paint adds something that traditional paint doesn’t and that is…TEXTURES
Love it or hate it, once you’ve written a few messages and then wipe them off to write new ones, chalk adds texture and character to a wall and a room like nothing else does.
I say love or hate, because personally, I love the look and texture of chalk writing on a wall and it makes a really nice background to take portraits.
However, I’m not a big fan of the feeling of chalk on my fingers or chalk dust. It may be a small detail for some of you and one that I’m adding it to “the list of things I need to get over with” but it’s pretty much what stopped until then.
Then, I look at these beautifully styled bedrooms, their crisp white cotton bed linen, this gorgeous oversized knit blanket and think that it would actually look really really nice to spend some time in a bedroom like this, don’t you think!?
If are tempted, here are some reasons that may help you to make a decision:
- you get to create an ever changing headboard,
- you can write down inspiring words or your positive affirmations if you’re trying to do what I’m doing here ;-)
- you can pin a few pages from your favourite magazine and change the display as often as you wish
- you can write loving message to the love of your life
- It will only take you half a day to completely transform the look of your bedroom by painting one wall with black chalkboard paint
- It’s an inexpensive makeover!
So what do you think!? Do you fancy trying this out this year? xoxo
SHOP THE STORY: