The #bodieandfourenovations are going well (see Instagram) but we took…
the chimney breasts off the ground floor, first and second floor yesterday and the dust is getting a bit too much. Our house has holes everywhere and I’m officially living in a big piece of Gruyere now.
Here is a list of the things I always pack when heading to the beach. I think I’m pretty low-maintenance when it comes to packing as I always use my time at the beach to slow down, eat well, work out and generally keeping things simple. Anything else missing from my list is because they can be obtained easily from any local supermaket
BEACH CHECK LIST
– Sunglasses (I’m selling a brand new pair of Chanel sunglasses here).
– Straw hat. We always leave heaps of straw hats in our French home and I usually get them from the local market.
– Iphone + EU plug + battery charger + USB cable + spare adaptor UK to EU
– Camera + battery charger + USB cable
– Cotton Beach bag (large & light)
– My Nutribullet (if we travel by car which we do this time)
– Pareo (sarong). Mine is a large piece of Liberty fabric which doubles up as a beach towel & sarong (light & stylish)
– Denim shorts + running shorts
– White t-shirts (usually from Hush Homewear or Mango)
– jumpsuits: This one from ASOS (which works wonder for the evening) and my blue one that many of you like (in the sale on the Mango website)
– Boyfriend jeans for rainy days & horse-riding
– Easy to wear jewellery like these Beach Stud bracelets and Hipanema bracelets
Health & Beauty
– Nivea cream
– Aloe Vera gel (if you don’t have a fab mother-in-law in New-Zealand that grows some in her garden, you can get a tube from Boots at the airport)
– Plasters + anti-mosquito bracelets for Mila
– Aveda Beautifying lotion for body and hair (smells amazing!)
– Sun tan lotion
– Aveda Gel cleanser
– Chanel No 18 Rouge noir nail varnish
– toothbrush + charger
– Lip balm
– Razor, deodorant, hair brush, shampoo & conditioner
– running shoes + running bra
– Urbanears Headphones
Food (which may be tricky to obtain locally)
– gluten-free flour (usually from Doves Farm available at Tesco, Sainsbury’s, etc)
– chia seeds
– Friendly bacteria
– Wheatgrass juice (for green juices)
– The Yoga Studio App (from Itunes)
– A 60 min Hot Yoga class from Yoga download. I spent hours on the net trying to find a Bikram class to download and fail. So this is the next best thing I could find.
– Jason Vale’s juicing app “7Lbs in 7 days” (from Itunes)
Other popular posts you may love:
5 messy hair buns I love + health stuff
This book giveaway that ends on Friday
How to style your bedroom for the Summer
PS: Week 2 without coke zero!
Sharing is caring ❤️ Leave a comment and let’s have a chat…
these sound like the perfect ingredients for a wonderful & restorative holiday. you have convinced me to take my nutriB. with me on our road trip to the Swiss mountains & the yoga download too, thank you & bon voyage! X
Great! I’ve downloaded the Jason Vale juicing app so plan is to do it the first week + yoga in the morning to cleanse and reset my body. Have a great holiday
My bag will mostly be full of books! (oh and my Mango denim jumpsuit and yellow Saltwaters)
Ah @ Ellie Horry we no longer travel with books…all downloaded on the ipad :-)
Sounds fab! Have bought my first jumpsuit and I am a convert . Ditto the nutri bullet. Perhaps I will take it on holiday with me.
You sound like you travel as light as me!
Enjoy your time away, it’s lovely when you return after building work’s been done.
I’ve just finished Jason Vale’s book and am now considering going to his retreat!!
Recharge, relax, xx
You’re so organised! I’m gonna use yours list if you dont mind :-)
Pingback: BODIE and FOU Style blog: My daily green smoothie